Company: Projekt-Consult GmbH
Duty Station: Hamburg
Duration: 1-year employment contract with possibility of extension (full or part-time)
Starting Date: July 2020
Deadline for application: 10.06.2020
Projekt-Consult GmbH is a German consulting company specialised in implementing international cooperation projects in the field of responsible mining and sourcing. Founded in 1979, Projekt-Consult has gained a unique experience with technical solutions, capacity building, and strategic advice on issues such as mineral governance, artisanal and small-scale mining or technical, environmental, and social dimensions of resource extraction. More information on http://www.projekt-consult.de/
In 2014, Projekt-Consult has become a member of GFA Consulting Group – one of the leading European consulting companies for implementing development cooperation programs.
For our office in Hamburg, we are currently looking for an open-minded and Spanish-speaking consultant (m/f/d) to join our team. The consultant will be involved in the management of the EU-Latin America Mineral Development Network Platform (www.mineralplatform.eu) and support the team in the area of responsible sourcing.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with possibility of travelling to developing countries worldwide. Key responsibilities will include:
- Information gathering and preparation of data relevant to EU-Latin America cooperation in the EU-Latin America Mineral Development Network Platform
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies and advisory services;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management.
- University degree (Master or PhD) in social sciences, business administration or a related area with a focus on supply chains or international cooperation;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in the extractive sector or with international supply chain projects;
- Familiarity with international markets, traceability and certification of mineral resources;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish; German would be an advantage;
- Understanding of the development cooperation sector and strategies of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Projekt-Consult offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms Barbara Muratori
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 – 222